Monday, September 20, 2004

I'm No Dog Expert...

But reading Sunday's Fark thread about everyone's dogs made my eyes cross. I'm not sure why most dog owners suddenly consider themselves "experts" once they have a pup. I probably had 10 minutes where I thought I knew what I was doing - and I was wrong. The only advice I'd ever give anyone is to train your dog to sit, stay and come when called. And NEVER feed it from the table.

Every dog is different - suggesting one thing that worked for you doesn't mean it works for all dogs. Nothing typical works for Ki - we've learned by trial and error with the help of two amazing trainers that she is a special, very intelligent case who tries to manipulate any situation to her advantage.

I think a lot of people would have given up on her long ago - she's been a difficult dog, and I don't expect that to magically end in March when she turns 2. But she's ours and we love her.

And she'll be absolutely fantastic once she's 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home