Friday, January 28, 2005

I Think We Need Some New Friends

...maybe it's just me and my winter ennui, but I think our friends are kind of lame. Perhaps we should collect some new ones, but I really have no use for people in general and making friends takes the kind of energy I don't like to expend on just anything. And the longer I live, the more I realize just how boring most people are - not that I'm an exciting, dynamic person all the time by any means, but I can engage in interesting conversation about many topics that don't necessarily involve talking about ME. So maybe my problem is with self-absorption...and that's rampant in this town.

No wonder I'd rather stay home with the dog. Even if she is chewing on my underpants.

Bah.

2 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Ms Christine said...

Ahh Ween! Now you know another reason why I chose to live where I am now...AH LA land of self-absorption..just like a Scott towel..

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

Yes, because there are NO shallow, self-absorbed people in San Francisco or the Bay Area. Yeah.

What-to the-Ever

 

Post a Comment

<< Home