Monday, January 30, 2006

I Coulda Been a Contender!

So, last night we went to see a taping of 'The Contender'.

In downtown L.A. The warehouse district, as they like to call it. Also known as 'four blocks from Skid Row'. Seriously, we saw a bonfire in a parking lot.

The fight was held in an old rundown warehouse with no roof and a missing back wall. Nothing but the best for Hollywood. Of course, they probably got it for next to nothing, which is pretty smart. It was almost like being at an illegal fight, ala 'Fight Club' (which I hated, and I think I'm the only person on earth who does).

The celebrity report? Sugar Ray Leonard walked by about three feet from where we were standing. And Mark Burnett was there - poorly dressed, I have to say.

The fight itself was a lot of fun and we were in the front row right behind one of the teams so we should get some decent camera time when the episode airs. You have to feel bad for the loser, but I can't speak of it - nondisclosure and all that.

I'm still cold, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home