Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Laze.

I have come down with a case of what I like to call the laze. I have little to no interest in doing anything that isn't completely necessary to survival. I came out of it for a couple hours last night to make Christmas cards - I had decided to buy them, but one disappointing trip to the store later I decided I could do better myself.

And I was right.

I did re-shelve books today. Then I read two issues of Us Weekly and volunteered to make a delivery just so I could get out of the office for an hour. Now I'm just waiting to go home so I can lie on the couch with the dog and watch TV.

I have, however, cooked dinner every day since Sunday. It's the beauty of winter break and my copious amounts of spare time. Is it better for the waistline? Hopefully. Of course, the cheesecake in the fridge that I have to eat by myself as my dessert buddy is in Jordan isn't helping that at all.

I hope I get lots of pajamas for Christmas, because elastic waist pants are the only pants that are going to fit soon.





3 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Scout said...

Boy, do I know that feeling of just wanting to sit on the couch (with me, it's cats). And my pants don't fit quite the way they did even a week ago. After New Years, it will all get back to normal, let's hope.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

Is "The Laze" kind of like "malaise"? 'Cuz I think I have that, too.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger CMC said...

NPW - that's what it's quickly morphing into.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home