Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Quote of the Day

Can you tell I'm actually DONE with a project? I'd still be considering pushing the "submit" button had my husband not goaded me into doing it.

Anyway. One down, one to go. One which is kinda crabbing me out due to lack of instructor input.

Regardless, I'm really posting from this:

What you absolutely must do to get yourself ready for the holidays is watch Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. She's on The Food Network and if you don't get this channel, remind Santa how very damn good you've been this year and treat yourself.
Unlike Martha, who makes you feel inferior for living in a jerkwater town that doesn't contain half the ingredients for her recipes, Sandra uses the dusty crap buried in the back of your pantry you bought and forgot about. Just add a little vanilla or champagne extract, a touch of booze, and you've got a FAN-tastic dish that's SO YUMmy, they'll think it's homemade!


Really, this show is a classic. While slaving away the other morning (SUNDAY!) on a project I had it on for company. She took a store-bought angel food cake, stuffed some marshmallows in the hole, and slapped some blue icing on it. Hanukkah cake complete with a pearl Star of David! The next one was Christmas themed - green icing and a bag of shredded coconut. Voila! Done!

I wept.

But the cheesecake lollipops? BRILLIANT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home