Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Zzzzz...

It's the quietest time ever. I can't believe I ever filled 8 1/2 hours every day before I went back to school. Of course, work isn't always as dead as it is right now, either. But still. If I could sit and read books all day it would be great. However, that may be slightly frowned upon, even if it isn't much different than reading a screen all day.

I have been to the gym two days in a row. I've decided it's a good thing I don't have a membership, because I really dislike going there. I like to sweat in the privacy of my living room, where there aren't bulky men around me while I lift 8lb weights. Fortunately, next week I can sweat alone again. And not get up at 5:30. And although I loathe exercise, I do feel better if I'm doing it.

I'd like ALL of my clothes to fit again.

Also: a cheeseburger.

I've been brooding about the lack of full-time paraprofessional library jobs here in the Los Angeles area. There are three open positions in Las Vegas right now, and I know I could get one if I wanted to move there. But - I just don't. I'm not going to live out there alone anyway, which I'd have to do as my other half is not moving. Anywhere. Ever. It wouldn't be an issue if I could take a part-time job, as those are more available here, but that isn't happening anytime soon. Food does not buy itself.

Neither do cataloging books.

What's a girl to do?

Exercise her way into the little black dress she's never worn to go with those new shoes. Just in case she doesn't go see Bob Seger (yes, Bob Seger - that's another story) and she goes to the THEAs.

Yes, we have industry awards and it's a black-tie event. And I get to go for free. Every job has its perks. This is one of mine. That and all the time off I want.

You can see why I haven't had a raise in almost four years. Well, maybe not. But I could always use that as leverage if anyone questions what I do here.

I'm done now.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've seen lots of jobs listed in LA, will have to post links as I find them again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home