Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Vacation Mode

Today, I'm sitting at my desk filling up my Bevmo shopping cart with copious amounts of alcoholic beverages.

Copious. Like $200 worth. For reals. Who knew shopping for liquor online was more dangerous than doing it in the store? And then it's all ready to be picked up at the end of the day. I pity those with no Bevmo in their lives. Mine is just down the street from the office. And I would marry it if I could.

Other than the booze shopping? I bought some clothes and I'm tempted to visit the semi-annual sale at Victoria's Secret. Retail therapy, anyone? Perhaps I'm feeling lonely as my other half is whooping it up in Vegas with his brother and the dog is not the best bed companion. Where she curls up next to him when I'm gone, when he's gone? She sprawls across the entire bed and squishes me into a permanent fetal position, much like she does when we're all in bed together.

Some days I'm surprised my legs straighten out at all.

Anyway, I'm a clock-watcher today, and I'm sure it won't tick fast enough for my vacation-starved brain. Which is evidently booze-starved as well, looking at the contents of that shopping cart.

Selah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home