Monday, December 19, 2005

Today's Revelation

I have NO IDEA how to write in APA style.

As a journalism student I ALWAYS used the MLA stylebook. Because that's what everyone uses. (Except for the kooks who use the Chicago style manual. But they're English majors.) MLA is easy. Let me repeat - e-a-s-y.

And in broadcasting I used the AP stylebook, of course. That goes without saying.

APA?

Completely foreign and seemingly irrelevant for library science writing. And I'm sure they have their reasons for using it, but it's clunky and confusing and I DON'T WANT TO LEARN ANOTHER STYLE.

Which is what it comes down to - I've used the MLA stylebook as my BIBLE for so many years that I don't want to convert to the cult of APA.

WAH.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

HERETIC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home