Monday, February 06, 2006

My First In-Person Class

So yesterday I had my first class meeting. And we got out early for the game. Which I didn't watch - but that's off topic. Anyway, it was fine and we were fed a lot of information and I have A LOT of work to do in the next month - I can see why group projects are so popular at the graduate level. Of course, my group is probably lame and there will be two of us who do any work. At least that's how it's shaping up right now. Whatever.

But you know how there are always 'those people' in a class? In no particular order, here they are:

The "I have to ask every nit-picking question about assignments even though it's spelled out in the syllabus" - a history teacher

The "When I worked in this library..." who has an anecdote for every topic of discussion

The one who looks like they could be homeless and you're sure they're a recovering alcoholic (I had one of those in my undergrad classes: too much gin, the instructor said - it keeps me from crawling into a bottle because he was SCARY)

Everyone else was fine and a teacher or a librarian clerk. Or some other social service worker. So helpful, these people are. They'll be good librarians.

Me? I'll be a good information architect. And I AM the only one in the class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home