Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sometimes I Wonder...

What it would be like to go just go to school and not have to do anything else. What's it like not to have to work 40 hours a week (ok, be in an office for 40 hours a week)? People go to school for years and never work a real job. How does one go 30 years and never work a full-time job, either in their profession or just to pay the bills? What happens when you're done with school and you actually have to get a job? You've probably never functioned in a real work environment outside of the halls of academia - is that just total overload?

I can't imagine what that would be like at all. I've worked long enough that I can't even begin to think about what I'd do if I didn't have to anymore. Or if I never started to - I couldn't wait to get out of school and get a job. It took 6 years for me to even consider going back.

And now I want out again. Two semesters, and I'm over it.

I have 6 more to go. If I didn't have to work, it would be 3.

Hmm.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

I've been in the private sector, they expect results.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Papa (Not the shoot yourself kind) said...

Or is that "insults"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home