Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Turkey Needs a Name

Every year I name the turkey Turkey Lurky. She needs a new name this year, and not a difficult one because I'll be half in the bag by the time it goes into the oven.

Or maybe all in the bag, considering that I'm sure I have NO alcohol tolerance since my unscheduled abstinence from the hooch.

Speaking of hooch, I was having a conversation with a friend last night about how I hadn't had a drink in a week. We thought maybe it would be a good idea to be dry for an entire year. And then we realized how much of our social life together revolves around drinking.

Maybe that's not a good thing. It's not like we're falling down drunk or anything, we just enjoy imbibing together.

I don't know - the idea of being alcohol-free for a year is intriguing. Perhaps it would give a person a different perspective on drinking.

And the party at the end of it would be KILLER.

4 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently "off the hooch" as well, at least wine, because I have decided it makes me fat--all those carbs, and I have sugar intolerance. I'm looking forward to the holidays when I intend to help myself.

My father always called the turkey Big 'Ol Bird, and it got a little song before he carved it.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger rodger said...

Naming the turkey...that's too funny. I have a friend who named one of her cows "dinner" so they would always know it was not a pet. We ended up buying half of dinner.

Here via NaBloPoMo.

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obediah

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger CMC said...

Oh Gene you're right - we have to name it Obediah.

Thanks to mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home