Monday, December 18, 2006

Enough Already.

Or, an open letter to my bladder...

Dear bladder,
I have no idea what you're up to, but you'd better just knock it off. Yes, I know I've not treated you as well as I could have over the last 29 years. However, I've been nothing but good to you of late and you have rewarded me with possibly the third infection in under a month. All from eating hot wings? Please.

I know we have a history of issues, but this is ridiculous. And now I fear you've turned something that used to be simple into something more serious and chronic. So I'm taking you to the urologist because I'm freaking tired of your games. And the constant peeing. All. Damn. Day.

Also, the anxiety is making me miserable. And this is not the time of year for misery.

If I could remove you, I would, you piece of crap. Because you make me just want to curl up on the couch and cry.

Love,
The Rest of Me - especially my sanity

*For the record, I'm hoping that it's just that the infection hasn't been cleared up by my 5-minute Urgent Care consultations that resulted in 3-day cycles of antibiotics. If it isn't, then I have a chronic condition that requires ongoing care.

I miss booze. And coffee.

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Scout said...

Oh, what a terrible infection to have. I'm sorry for you and I hope it clears up soon, especially for the sake of booze. I had no idea you could get a bladder infection from eating wings.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger CMC said...

Yeah, I had no idea food could trigger such a violent reaction either. Evidently, it's common in people who have bladder damage.

I'm damaged goods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home