Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Is That All I've Got?

I can't believe I blogged about my bank account. Buh? But right now, it's either that or this recurrent infection. Which yes, thank you, is still in residence, I think, although the worst is over and the symptoms seem to be subsiding. My heating pad has become my best friend - the dog has some strange fascination with it too - she buried in the yard when I brought it home. Don't ask, I have no idea. I will be begging my new urologist to fix this on Friday.

Begging.

I have become some kind of toxic freak of nature.

I am just tired of the whole thing. I don't have time to dick around, because having an infection every two weeks is really cutting into my productivity. My poor husband, who is working from 9-8 all week, had to make dinner the other night because I was flat on the couch when he got home, having used up all the energy I had wrapping his Christmas presents. And I have to have this fixed before school starts again, because being prostrate on the couch is no way to learn cataloging or records management.

Do I really miss coffee and booze? The coffee I can take or leave - I just like something hot in the morning and there's now a special place in my heart for African red bush tea. I miss being able to have a drink when the mood strikes me, but nowhere near as much as I thought I might. It's just the fact that I don't have the option that bothers me.

I like options.

I also like champagne. And that? Is what I truly miss during the holiday season.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home