Tuesday, May 29, 2007

And Now the Rest of the Story...

So my hair is once again only two colors, my feet are callus-free AND have flowers on them (well, my toenails), and the most I did all weekend was roll from bed to the pool, then decide what to eat. I have a terrific sunburn, my nose is peeling, and I'm trying to figure out how to get paid to do nothing full-time.

I have pictures somewhere. In the meantime, this is where I stayed. I'd like to move in, really.

I had a sick feeling about coming to work this morning, and I wasn't disappointed. Yeah, they fired a co-worker on Friday. That's terrific news at 8:15 in the morning. Not that it was a surprise...I'd seen it coming for awhile, but thought she might leave before they let her go. Umm...no. So anyway, once again I get to pick up the slack - fortunately this time someone else is here to take care of the accounting part, and I don't have to worry about that.

Because really? I'm not a good accountant. I can hardly do math, much less understand the whole debit/credit thing. I had to withdraw from accounting in college, thus ending my business minor. I only managed a 'C' in Economics. And now you know my secret shame.

Anyway, it's a week of meetings and investigative computering and resume sifting and hey! Do you know of a project accountant with entertainment industry experience? Me neither.

But...hot air balloons at the end of a four-day week! I can make it. I hope.

Because on top of it all, I'm seven short days from starting school again.

Hello, summer.

2 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

Blah... summer classes were the worst. Worst! Enjoy your break while you can, I say.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

Slack picker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home