Sunday, November 04, 2007

Seven Year Itch.

Today my husband and I have been married for seven years. We've been a couple for 12. It's weird to think that we've spent over a decade together, and even weirder to think that we started dating when I was 17. I was almost 18, really, but we've spent all of our adult years together. It's hard for me to remember a time when it wasn't the two of us. We spent four years together in college, and then a long year apart when I moved to Los Angeles and he stayed behind to finish up school...the true test of any relationship. We got married five years to the day from when we started dating, and we're still plugging away today.

Some days we aren't thrilled with each other, but in the end I'm glad he's the one I wake up next to every morning. Well, him and the dog - if we haven't pushed her out of bed. I wouldn't have it any other way. Probably because I'm not sure any other man would put up with me.

So keep doing it with conviction, love - and may this year be the best one yet.

2 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I can't even imagine seven years from now. You give me inspiration. :)

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Cee said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic. :c)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home