Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Time Keeps On Ticking...

Somehow I feel like I should party like it's 1999 for the next two nights. I turned 21 that year, so at least I was legal. Except that I don't think my liver could take that anymore. Time is a cruel, cruel mistress. So is liquor.

Instead, perhaps I will party with some Carvel ice cream cupcakes. That? Is about my speed, especially since the end of this week is going to involve a whole lotta drinking. I have to pace myself, as the aforementioned liver literally weeps alcohol when I drink.

I am an old, old woman. And for the first time today I got burned by a 20-year-old. She's lucky she's my friend, or I might've kicked her in the box and shoved her.

20.

I can't believe I'm a full 10 years removed from that now. One part of me is wistful and nostalgic for that time. Then the almost-30 part of me whacks it with a hammer because dude, 20 wasn't all that great. I was in college and poor and paying my own way through school.

I'm not poor anymore, at least. How far I've come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home