Saturday, November 04, 2006

Six Years

Today is my sixth wedding anniversary, and the end of our 11th year together.

11 years.

I wasn't even old enough to vote when we started dating. But I knew from the second time I saw him that I was going to marry him. How did I know that at 17? How did I know it at 22 when we did get married?

We were two different people then. Those people aren't gone, just different. And I don't think it's a bad thing at all. Everyone changes over time. We have been fortunate enough to grow and change and still stay together when so many others haven't.

I don't know what makes us different from any other couple, and I don't think we have some magic formula that would work for anyone else.

But it works for us. And I hope it does for another 60 years.

1 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Gene George said...

Formula WEEN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home