Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Today's Random Thought

How hard would it be to just drop everything and wander off? Every once in a while I think that maybe I could just pack up and go somewhere else and start a completely different life. Not that I have anything to run away from, I just want to do something new.

If I believed in horoscopes, this would make me a typical Sagittarius with the wanderlust and all that jazz. But really.

It's the dabbler in me, I guess. I've never done the same thing for this long. Even school was different every semester. But now I've been answering phones and doing the same 30 tasks for over four years. It's not like I'm burnt out or anything - my job is pretty easy most days and I count myself lucky that I'm not on the run for 8 hours every day. I also feel incredibly fortunate that I haven't HAD to look for work for over four years. The layoffs every 18 months were a total drag.

I'm just bored. And when I'm bored I start to think about what's out there that I might be missing out on. Most likely if I were to go looking, I'd realize that I'm not missing out on anything and the rest of the world is as boring as my own life is today.

I've also been looking for jobs for my other half, which makes me think that I could be making more money and maybe doing something more exciting with my time. But it could also take me in a different career direction and derail my Masters.

And that is the one thing I want more than anything else.

But still - the idea of completely starting over somewhere completely different sounds exciting. Somewhere that we could afford to buy a house.

*Sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home