Monday, March 31, 2008

Talking About My Feelings.

That's pretty much what I think about my professional philosophy. "How do you feel about library science?" they ask. And I have to tell them, in at least three pages. It's easy to talk about it - give me a couple of drinks and I have BRILLIANT ideas about sharing and organizing information in the digital age. But in front of a blank Word doc I just sit and watch the cursor blink, trying to come up with something smart and witty to express my philosophy, why I even decided to get into the profession in the first place.

Really? It's an incredibly personal process and considering the fact that I'm not one to share my feelings with people at large, it's a difficult one for me. However, I'm guessing this is just the first of many occasions that I'm going to have to describe my love of making knowledge available so I'd better get used to it.

I also better get drinking, because I only have three weeks left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home