Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another Lost Weekend

First, a little background. I'm in Vegas about 6 times a year - my hairdresser is here. It costs me half as much to have it done here than it does in L.A., and yes, after a plane ticket it probably comes out to the same but I like her and I love my hair. Also, one of my best friends lives here so I don't have to pay to stay when I'm here.

That said, people always ask what I do when I'm in Vegas. And I'm often embarrassed to say. I usually try to see a show, depending on what's here. I've seen the Stones, Death Cab for Cutie, KA, Le Reve, the B-52s, Tom Jones (twice - that's a story for another day), and Friday I saw David Copperfield. I also like to try a new restaurant while I'm here - this weekend I went to two, one a locals place, which I like to do for the not Vegas strip experience.

So why am I embarrassed? Because that's all I do. One show, a dinner or two. Other than that, I waste the weekend on the sofa with the TV remote or a trashy magazine and a good deal of booze. And I think a lot of people would say that's wasting a trip to Vegas...I'm sure my husband feels that way, but he loves the Strip and he likes to gamble.

I hate people and I'm terrible at gambling. There is nothing I'd rather do than just sit for two days, because it's the only time I get to do that. There's no work, no schoolwork (most of the time), no laundry or housework. And most of the time that's exactly what I need when I'm here.

Especially now - because starting tomorrow it's the downhill slide of the semester and two final projects are due the beginning of December. Throw in Thanksgiving and the high holy days of November (yay Gene!) and I'm already hyperventilating.

So here's to another lost weekend. I'm going to drink my champagne and be glad that my hair isn't three colors anymore.

*Lost Weekend - Stan Ridgway**
**you know Mexican Radio? That guy.

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate bad people at gambling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home