Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Like Art.

It's another boring Wednesday afternoon. The last boring one until May. So, I thought I'd share some of my favorites from my art collection. Mind you, most of this collection still lives in tubes - framing is expensive.

First, what might be my favorite of ALL TIME:



This is Stacey. She is a Glenn Barr creation. This is my only framed piece, and it needs to be re-done because the asshats at Aaron Brothers jacked it up and the frame is crooked. Stacey is the representation of my alter ego, the bored 50's housewife.

Next, my newest Shag. This is Odalisque:



I had no idea what an odalisque was until I got this. This is the only Shag I have in these colors.

I have several more Shag pieces, most in the color palette of West Coast Jazz:



Shag is by far my favorite modern artist. I'm hoping to meet him next month in Palm Springs at this event, hosted by M Modern, which is where I got Stacey. They are extra cool, and that's where I met Syd Mead last year. Yes, that Syd Mead. Very nice man, likes to paint yachts nowadays. He lives here in town.

My newest, and by far most speculated about piece is Heart Aflame:



We're not sure what's going on here yet, but there are several theories. This is another Glenn Barr piece - while I don't love all of his stuff, this series of pieces are fantastic, especially in person.

That's my art lesson for today.

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

I don't know what I like, but I know if it's art!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

Love that last one... so cool. Flickr is awesome for finding prints.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home