Friday, March 30, 2007

Here is Another Thing.

When I'm sick at home I always check to see what's on Dr. Phil. Yesterday was no exception, other than I watched the whole hour. Of Dr. Phil. Holy trainwreck.

Do you know what an urban cougar is?

I had no idea.

But I DID know about this site. It's too bad you have to become a member to look at profiles, because I could waste hours there.

My question is - why, as part of a relationship such as this, would you go on Dr. Phil to be publicly ridiculed? I mean, these couples obviously weren't ashamed of their relationships, and I don't think they should be (well, maybe the dude dating the 18-year-old who may or may not have been legal when they met) - they are single, consenting adults who believe that they're in love.

Does love conquer all? Like 20+ year age differences? Like being at completely different points in life? (Um, yeah - totally agreed with Dr. Phil on that one, to my chagrin)

Why would you want to start out with the odds stacked against you when marriage is such a crapshoot to begin with?

And why would you give your girlfriend your dead wife's Mercedes for her high school graduation? More to the point - why would you, as the girlfriend, accept it?

Trainwreck.

6 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger lisa24 said...

I met my ex-husband on this
site
...3 months later he cheated on me, that tells you how good they are...lol

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

Toot Toot!

Trainwreck!

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I met online via this site. We were married on May 27, 2006. We have had a wonderful life together. FAIRY TALES DO COME TRUE.

I would highly recommend a visit to this site.
It is for successful singles where they can add a touch of romance to success and achievement. The members there are more serious about love and marriage.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

I was totally just talking about calling people "cougars" with my boyfriend the other day! Oh, Dr. Phil. You're so wise.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

Are schmucks defeating the anti-spam filters here or what?

What be going on here. Are spammers hiring cut and paste sweatshop workers maybe?

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, I am a rich guy looking for my soul mate on richsoulmate.com. Any advice to attract more women to view my profile and contact me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home