Monday, July 23, 2007

My Own Personal Death March

Before we begin discussing my slow descent into the Fifth Circle of hell, I'd like to say that I might have gotten the best pedicure EVER the other day. And my roots are covered.

And now, my manifesto about the last two weeks of summer session.

In the next two weeks I have to finish three Second Life projects, visit another virtual world, complete a 360-degree review of the group project I participated in and develop a complete interface prototype.

Second Life just takes time - nothing is totally heinous about it, and the worst of the projects (only because of the f'in client who is a total n00b and incredibly annoying) is over on Wednesday.

But that prototype? Is going to kill me. There's no way I can get an A in the class - thanks, instructor, for the complete lack of instruction and any kind of meaningful guidance.

This? Would be nowhere near as horrible if I weren't working. I'd have another nine hours a day to stare at my screen blankly praying for my work to magically complete itself without any intervention.

Also? My mother-in-law arrives tomorrow for a two-week visit. She could not be arriving at a worse time. I love her to death, but I am wholly incapable of even entertaining the man I'm married to, much less anyone else.

And my T-1 tech just told me that something is broken and he can't complete the pre-install today.

Yeah. Color me happy.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

Poops

 

Post a Comment

<< Home