Friday, December 21, 2007

Full of Christmas Cheer...

...which means - booze. I had a wicked hangover this morning, and had to drag myself out of bed and to work, with a stop on the way to collect my car. But! Since the weather was so miserable last night no one was out ticketing and I got off scott free...or it blew away in the wind.

This afternoon, I made mulled wine and cider in the office for the Christmas luncheon. A little hair of the dog, really - now I'm ready for a long winter's nap. I have my PJs in my car, even. Somehow, though, I felt funny putting them on even though I was told that I could.

It's no wonder everyone wants my job. I love it here.

So, tonight I'm going home, putting on those pajamas, and curling up on the couch with my favorite couch sharer...my dog. Who will lie on my feet and keep them warm while I stare blankly at the TV at whatever happens to be on.

Because it's my other half's turn to paint the town red. At least he never needs a ride home.

Tomorrow? I have to figure out what to make for Christmas Eve dinner. Besides meat. And buy presents for a party...one of my favorite parties of the year. Where I can drink this time, since I'm not battling my urinary system.

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home