Friday, January 11, 2008

The Aftermath.

After a long and uncomfortable flight overnight, an aborted landing, and a rainy drive into Reading, we're on the East Coast.

But that's not important - what is? My interview.

I have no idea how it went. Phone interviews are difficult, especially because you can't see reactions on your interviewers' faces when you're not face-to-face. But overall, I think I did fine - I had answers for all of the questions off the cuff, and the big thing?

The city now has THREE open positions instead of just one.

So I'll see what happens. Even if I don't get a second interview, I at least have the practice again - it's been seven years since I've had to do one, and I know that if I'm not offered a position, this is just the first of many.

But I feel good about it, whatever happens. I got this interview with no practical library experience and no degree. If I can do that, then there's no telling what is possible once I do get that piece of paper.

However...the waiting game sucks.

3 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Jamie Lovely said...

I hope it turns out well!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, the waiting does suck. good luck - i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

I am pro-landing. But I respect a pilot's right to abort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home