Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Today's Useless Fact

They Might be Giants' song "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" is a remake. The original was recorded by The Four Lads in 1953.

I had no idea.

In other news, I've hit the wall and am completely rebelling by doing NOTHING. This is not productive. Although I did make an amazing lasagna last night, it did not involve writing or research or peer mentoring.

I must start again this evening. So, it's another competency and some wiki entries.

In other other news, I am quickly transitioning into my new job before anyone notices, including changing desks so no one can find me to ask for copies. Or to answer the phone while she goes to lunch. Or order plotter paper since OMG it doesn't come from Staples?!?!!! Because SOMEONE here has realized that I might actually be more useful if I were actually utilizing the degree on which I've spent piles of the government's money.

And maybe I'll get paid what I'm worth. Or close to it. As long as it's enough to keep me here until my dream job shows up.

Which might be any day now. HA.

3 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I had no idea They Might Be Giants had a cover of that out. I love that song! Particularly the version that was used in "Mona Lisa Smile".

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time you did nothing - yay. And good luck playing hide-and-seek at work.
P.S. - I had no idea about Istanbul. It sounds so TMBG, not at all from the 50s. Now I have to hear the original and compare.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Gene George said...

I always knew it was a cover. I am just smarter than everyone I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home