Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lull

I'd marry Andrew Bird if I weren't already married to a violinist.

Things are suddenly very quiet here, except for the fact that I'm traveling every weekend. This is not exciting, really. Last week I was in Vegas where I just sat around and/or worked, this week I'm going to my sister's baby shower, and next week it's back to Vegas...

TO SEE THE VERVE. I have to admit that I was so dismayed when they broke up because I had never seen them live. And then! My chance to ogle Richard Ashcroft in person returned!

I have an unhealthy fascination with emaciated dark-haired musicians, evidently.

So yeah, that's exciting. Much more than spending quality time with the crazy half of my family this weekend in Northern California. My husband opted out of going with me, as he had a choice. He hasn't seen my father since we got married. Over seven years ago.

That, my dears, is love.

And maybe I wish I didn't have to go, either. It's not that I don't like my family. They just take an awful lot of work and it's not the most desirable way to spend two days of my life when I could stay home and watch hours of TruTV instead. Oh Forensic Files, I can't quit you.

Besides the fact that I spent a half hour at 5am coughing up whatever is rattling around in my lungs, which may never go away if I don't get some freaking rest. I like to pretend I have TB and that I'm developing a laudanum addiction. It's more romantic than bronchitis.

I have promised that I will stay home for the month of May. At which point I'll complain that I'm NOT traveling anywhere instead of complaining that I'm gone every weekend.

And when that's the biggest of my concerns? Life is good.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

Forensic Files is like TV crack. Chris makes fun of me for watching it but I DON'T CARE. I love it.

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was wondering what happened to you. turns out you're racking up the frequent flyer miles :)
totally agree about the family. sometimes you just want that time to yourself to be a couch potato and do nothing constructive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home