Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Get Ready to CYOB!

Coming soon to a blog near you...Choose Your Own Blogventure #2!!

So on Friday? When you see a piece of some random sci-fi story here? That's why.

In other news, my 'n' key is having issues. I think something is stuck under it - probably from today's earthquake.

Yes, we had an earthquake, centered about 60 miles from here, 5.4, blah blah blah. You'd think it had never happened before with how fast every outlet glommed onto it. Granted, it was the biggest one I've felt in years, but living here, you just come to expect that it'll happen at one point or another - I guess that's how people along the Gulf feel about hurricanes.

And maybe? Sometimes it's pretty cool. Except for the part where all the mortar from the brick walls and tiny slivers of wood fell onto my desk and floor and I had to sweep it up so I didn't keep rolling over it with my chair.

In other other news, Vegas was a good time, as always. But maybe even better because my husband was with me! And Eddie Izzard is funny! And cabanas are the only way to go at the hotel pool! Also: I should not stay out until after 2am when I have to drive four hours later in the day and I'm just getting over a cold. I should also not let certain family members pour my drinks in the middle of the afternoon.

Lastly - vacation week next week! In...wait for it...Vegas! Surprise!! It's my staycation - while not exactly at home, I don't have to pay to stay. I'll be cleaning pantries, having upholstery cleaned, shelving books, and attempting to take down a wallpaper border. Glamour is my middle name, you know. And it's totally the opposite of a true vacation, but I won't be in the office and I'll be working my other job anyway, so I might as well make myself useful in between annotations.

And besides, in November I will probably be making the rounds of Florida theme parks during the annual amusement convention. How will I ever leave themed entertainment?

1 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

I want to be involved in themed entertainment! Entertainment NOT involving 11-14 year olds!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home