Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Down the Rabbit Hole

Indeed I still do have a blog. I also have 10-hour workdays and suddenly I have someone to boss around, too. This is a blessing and a curse, as I can be pretty scattered and now I have to come up with things for someone else to do in addition to remembering what I have to do. I am also the most hands-off manager you'll ever meet, so I can only work with self-motivators.

This is why I'll never be a library director.

And I'm supposed to be obtaining a karaoke system for my company picnic but instead I'm trying to figure out code.

In the meantime, I'm flying absolutely blind in an office full of people doing the same. We'll either make it or crash spectacularly, and I honestly probably don't care either way any more. After six years I think I'm really coming to the end of my rope, and maybe it isn't the most convenient time to make this decision but I'm pretty sure that the time has come to make a graceful exit before I just walk out from sheer frustration.

Of course I say this now, but in six months I'll still be at this desk because my dream job hasn't called me yet. It wouldn't as big an issue if I could actually get myself into a position where I can do what I WANT to do, not what needs to be done at any given moment for some project and that no one else is around to do.

Ah, the eternal 'grass is greener' belief.

In the meantime, I'm just trying to keep myself together so I don't turn into a heap on the floor who dreads waking up every morning.

It may take a lot more booze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home