Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Longest Week Ever.

Will this week EVER end? It seems like it's been Wednesday half the week. Except today, which is Thursday. Um, yeah.

Anyway. The highlight of this week has been the string of emails from the father of the girl who hit my car in a parking lot the other week. We've gotten a quote of $1100 to fix the damage from the insurance company approved body shop. This man has, so far, offered $350 for us to live with the crease in the side of the car, offered to sell my husband diamonds at a discount, and asked for pictures of the damage so he can get a quote from a friend's fiance who "owns a body shop in our area - where do you live again?".

Fortunately, I'm not the one dealing with this, because I'd have already called him up and laughed loudly and then demanded his insurance information. I've had this car for 4 months - I'm not about to accept $350 to look at a crease every day that will cost me $1100 to fix. Nor am I going to have some random body shop do half a repair job.

And diamonds? Unless you're GIVING them to me to resell, no thanks.

So the final choices have been given. Either write a check or give us the insurance information. Or I will report a hit and run. And I'm betting his daughter will REALLY like to have that on her record.

Of course, my biggest fear is that they aren't insured. I suppose that's why carrying uninsured motorist coverage is a good idea.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Gene George said...

It is face-punchinating time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home