Monday, July 30, 2007

The Home Stretch.

Nine days. I will completely finished with the worst. summer. ever. in nine days.

And really - what's a dozen screen dumps and a paper in that amount of time? HA! Nothing compared to the last nine weeks. Especially since we've stopped work on two projects in the office. Our new policy is no money? No work.

SELAH!

In other completely unrelated news? This development could be the most irresponsible resort ever developed for Las Vegas. Hi! We're going to generate our own electricity! GREAT! Now how about all of that water? The water level in Las Vegas is down 30 feet...new housing construction cannot include a pool or grass. Yeah. Of course, it was also supposed to break ground in early 2007 - I'm not sure they even have land yet, and it's rumored to be on the southernmost end of the Strip.

GAH. I, of course, know several of the people involved in this - but I just cannot imagine that this is going to get built. I'm all for development, and I'm certainly no kind of tree-hugger by any means, but really - no water = no Vegas. I can't see how this could be considered feasible by any economic consultant.

Okay, I'm done now. I have to get back to doing something constructive.

2 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That looks awesome! Screw the desert drought, I want snow in Vegas!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

Bulldoze everything North and East of the 95 and you have plenty of water!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home