Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A Day Like Any Other...

So my days are all starting to melt together in a gooey pile. I get up at 5:30, get to the office at 7, stay until 5, go home, cook dinner, and fall asleep on the outdoor sofa - maybe I read a little until my eyes cross, and on Wednesdays I watch Project Runway.

Where's the excitement that was supposed to come after I got my degree? I was going to do things! Travel! Read piles of books! Exercise!

Four months later I've been as far as Portland, read two books, and worked out one day - and that was yesterday because I want to lose five pounds before I go back to Portland in two weeks.

Watch out - I'm a dynamo.

I wonder if it's partly a knee-jerk reaction from having to always be on the go while I was in school - at least it's something on which to blame my complete lack of ambition. Of course, being on a budget puts a kink in the travel, as does the fact that I actually DO have to go to work five days a week most of the time.

And work is a whole other ball of wax. Never in my professional career have I been so over a workplace. I have completely checked out, and yet I'm still here 10 hours a day most of the week. I work until three and then I futz around for the last two hours. I'd be better if I actually had the tools I needed to get started on my big projects - three databases, including, at long last, an image database. Maybe it'll get done before I quit, maybe not. I don't care today.

Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

So how long till you quit?!

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

PILES!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger CMC said...

NPW - the minute I get another job, and I'm actively applying. If I could just walk out right now, I probably would. For better or worse, I can't afford to do that - probably better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home