Monday, November 24, 2008

Orlando by the Numbers

5,000: miles traveled round-trip
20: approximate miles walked
8: theme parks visited
5: days spent at those parks
4: most parks visited in one day
2: rides the boss fell asleep on
1: exotic animal held (Harry the sloth)
2: days spent on the show floor
9: number of pounds my luggage gained in a week
6: industry parties
200: approximate hands shaken
2: people who will remember my name
3: average alcoholic drinks per day
1: raging hangover - on the four-park day
12: hours spent working my other job
1: library connection made

And a once-in-a-lifetime trip. The opportunity to go behind the scenes at four parks, visit theme parks designed by the guys with and for whom I work, meet all of the bigwigs in the themed entertainment industry, and meet someone who works with the state library system, including Infopeople - the training arm of the California state library - all while getting paid to visit the carnie convention.

Sometimes I wonder why I want to leave the industry. Then I see those four letters after my name.

And I remember.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, just reading this made me tired. that was quite a trip. did you get to go on a lot of rides? and how did your boss fall asleep on two of them?
i'm surprised you didn't kidnap the sloth - hehe.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger CMC said...

I did get to ride a fair share of rides, especially at Islands of Adventure.

The boss went to sleep on Spaceship Earth...not really a thrill ride, that. And the safari ride at Animal Kingdom, but only while we were stopped.

I still want a sloth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home