Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Waiting Game

This is what my entire life has come down to - waiting. Waiting for myself, waiting for my other half, waiting waiting waiting.

And you know what? THE WAITING GAME SUCKS.

I have applied to be a "Research Librarian for Emerging Technologies and Service Innovation" at UC Irvine. Now I get to wait to not hear anything from them, as they are starting the review process on Oct. 6th. It is really the job I see myself in ultimately, but somehow I think it's not going to happen right out of the gate. I could be wrong, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

In the meantime, my other half had a second interview on Friday and left with no impression either way...but again, he has to wait to hear back from them, which may be this week or next week, who knows? I understand that's how it goes in our industry, but it's frustrating.

But! I do have good things to say! Polish festival was lots of fun, I got to hold the tiniest baby EVAR, and a good time was had by all.

Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did you Polish furniture?

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck to both you and the mister - fingers crossed. your prospective job title sounds soooo impressive (and a bit scary).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home