Monday, April 09, 2007

Medicine Head

I've avoided medicine all weekend, thinking hey! Let's see if I can kick this using my ability to lie down on the couch. A lot. Except I didn't lie down that much and when I did I couldn't sleep.

Obviously, I went nowhere for Easter. By 9:00 Friday night I was a weeping heap on the couch and my loving husband said 'you are not going anywhere'.

Then my family disowned me and now I'm an orphan.

Not really - actually, everyone was very understanding and I've promised to make an attempt to get back to NY next month. I'm overdue for my annual visit anyway, and maybe the snow will be gone by then. Of course, that means I may have to go the Hamptons as well, which is the LAST PLACE IN AMERICA I care about going. There and Albuquerque. I am not Hamptons material. At all.

Oh yeah - medicine! So I took some this morning and now I'm all goofy and I need to lie down again. Except this time I probably could go to sleep and I'm stuck here in the office. And this office is too big when no one is here. I feel like I'm operating a front for some illegal scheme...an illegal DESIGN SCHEME!

Wait...what?

Also: the jackhammer outside doesn't help.

3 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

It's like Boiler Room up in there. If you come back from lunch one day and all that's left of your office is scraps of wires and one metal folding chair, you'll know why.

Also, the Hamptons? Send me instead- I've never been! Do you think your family would accept a substitute you?

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger CMC said...

Be careful what you wish for - the Hamptons visit is business related and involves a guy who asks more questions than anyone I've ever met. About eating establishments. Because yeah - it's a pizza/entertainment facility project. Like Chuck E. Cheese but more refined.

I'm not sure that exists.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Gene George said...

Hapbequertons

 

Post a Comment

<< Home