Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I Just Don't Get It.

And I KNOW these people exist, but do you ever really run across them in real life?

Let me explain. I'm taking a seminar in Electronic Communication - Web 2.0 stuff. Mostly, it's a critical overview of the tools out there and how (or if) they can be used by libraries to serve users.

No biggie, right? You'd figure everyone would be familiar with most of the technologies we're going to be looking at - even I haven't used all of them, although I have an understanding of how they work.

Yeah. In comes Mr. "I've Never Used IM". For reals. Now, I totally understood when he didn't know what l33tspeak was and I posted the Wikipedia entry to explain it. Not everyone in the program is familiar with all that stuff...no worries.

But never used IM? I can see if you've never used Flickr or blogged, but IM? Come on. Why are you taking this class?

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Gene George said...

I blog about flicker using my IM. I is teh intarwebs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home