Sunday, November 18, 2007

Did You Lose a Dog?

Because we had a slumber party with a Jack Russell puppy last night. One of the neighbor boys found him wandering around and took him to his house where his two big dogs subsequently lorded over him and caused great loudness. So, he brought him over to us and OH MY GOD IT WAS SO CUTE I couldn't say no.

RULE NUMBER ONE: put some DAMN TAGS on your dog. He had nothing - no ID tag, no license. Just a tiny choke chain that was so small it might as well have been a necklace.

My plan was to call animal control and they'd come pick him up and all would be well with the world. And I did call. At 5:30pm. No one ever called me back to come pick him up. By 8:30 he'd fallen asleep in my husband's lap in his studio and we decided to just keep him for the night. Because honestly? I can't imagine my own dog, who is 75 pounds and has a two-layer coat, sleeping in an outdoor kennel all night, and this was an eight pound purse dog.

But jeez, what a whiner. That dog whined about everything, and when Ki decided she wanted to be pals with him, he barked and screamed. GAH. He ended up sleeping at the top of our bed while Ki slept in her usual place at my feet.

This morning it was off to the shelter with the dog I had named Squeezle, because I'm sure someone is missing him. He was too well-groomed to be a stray.

And my husband just texted me to say that the dog might have ringworm. Yum.

I am freshly showered and all linens are being washed.

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you've found yourself a new pet. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home