Thursday, November 15, 2007

FAQ

Why is your program so LONG?

One: the SJSU MLIS degree is 42 credits. Each class is only worth three credits, as opposed to the four that most grad schools grant. Don't ask me why.

Two: I only take two classes a semester, because I work full-time and I don't want to get divorced.

No, really. I was joking about a PhD the other day and my husband said he'd leave and come back when I was finished with it. I am not getting a PhD. Ever.

That is why I've been in school for two years. You can't really do it in less than that, because they won't let you take more than three classes at a time, and two during summer sessions.

It's a good thing I love it.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew. No way would I have agreed to be in school that long. I actually thought about trying to score a job in a university library and get a free PhD that way, but... meh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home