Thursday, May 22, 2008

And We All Know that Rust Never Sleeps...

I'm feeling kind of rusty. The last three weeks have been a whirlwind and all of a sudden it's all come to an end and I have no idea what to think about that.

But I have my Master's degree. And the pictures to prove it! In two separate cameras...one of these days I'll get them posted. While many people I know never walked through a graduation after high school, it was very important to me to be at convocation. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I spent two-and-a-half years alone in front of my laptop, and it was nice to be in the same room with at least 67 others who did the same.

The big presentation to our Korean client was a resounding success and that might make it worth all of the work...if we get the next phase of the project it will really be worth it.

But for now I'm completely worn out from the madness of the last five months. Sometimes I have no clue how I made it through, especially with everything that happened on the periphery of my life while I got out of school and did whatever had to be done to keep projects running at the office.

Now I sit and wonder about the next big thing. Then I ask myself, "What's WRONG with you?" Why I can't take a few months and just exist is beyond me...I worry about not using my degree to its fullest and I don't even have the actual piece of paper yet. I'm not even done, really. I still have to do a presentation on a project that I worked on during my last semester. A presentation that will hopefully bring me some exposure with the information community at large, and educators in particular.

Today, however, I'm going to leave it all behind and go rot in the desert for four days. Because I have nothing left to give.

Selah.

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

You go to the desert. And when you come back, that piece of paper stating you are a librarian will be there, and all will be well. Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home