Wednesday, September 24, 2008

On Wasting Time

I've been at work three hours and I'm pretty sure I've done 10 minutes' worth of work. I've been productive in other ways, like changing a plane reservation, talking to my bank about my mysteriously absent direct deposit from last month (thanks, company for whom I contract, for not actually DEPOSITING the money), sending nasty emails to said company, updating my GoodReads account since people might actually want to look at my list someday, and working on a cover letter.

None of this is work-related, obviously. It seems that several of us in the office are suffering from lack of motivation and the distinct desire to stay in bed every morning. Today I forced myself out of bed on time because I knew if I didn't I'd probably stay there until 8:00. We've also come to the conclusion that life is hard right now. All the way around, it's hard. And we all have our own issues that have to stay out of the office or we'd all just fall into a drunken heap.

We're in the business of fun! Really! FUN!

And now I have to get back to document standards, or we won't be able to find our FUN!

2 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so much for my theory that lack of motivation was confined to the east coast, i.e. me.

maybe we could do a job swap. after one week we'd probably both be grateful to get our old jobs back.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger CMC said...

Welcome back!

Maybe we should have something like take your daughter to work day for librarians, except that we switch positions.

I think I'd appreciate working with adults a lot more after spending time with teenagers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home