Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Closing Time

#5. I'm spending five days in Vegas next week...

...this quickly morphed into a week and half when I wasn't looking. Not that I'm complaining, but I'm suspicious that my husband is trying to get rid of me. So here I am working my little fingers to the bone so I can maybe have some fun before the week runs out.

I will be having a late dinner on the Strip tomorrow night - outside, on the patio of Mon Ami Gabi. Which, if you're unfamiliar, is directly on Las Vegas Blvd. - fortunately it's slightly elevated so the drunks won't be spilling on my steak frites. And yes, I will have a blanket with me because DUDE - Vegas is cold. I was firmly instructed yesterday that once I made my reservation for the patio I could not change it for inside. But suffering through the cold will be worth it for the fireworks at midnight...although we may not get back home for a few hours because oh yeah - the Strip is closed and that means there's only one way out of the parking garage.

But it's Vegas, baby - slot machines and free drinks make a little wait alright. And it seems a fitting ending to a pretty out of control year to spend time in the city of the biggest excesses.

Maybe next year I'll spend it on a warm island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home